- BGH - Seqeunce, structure and function analysis the bar-headed goose hemoglobin.
- CEA - Protein engineering of carcinoembryonic antigen.
- SBP - Systematic analysis of the Arabidopsis transcription factor family of Squamosa-promoter binding protein.
- PPF - Sequence analysis of Pisum sativum post-floral specific gene.
- MDR - Gene prediction and dotplot analysis of fugu multi-drug resistance gene.
- AFP - Structure comparison of spider toxins and prediction of antifungal peptide.
- HMT - Sequence and structure comparison of human metallothioneins.
- Flu - Analysis of influenza A virus nuraminidase.
As the name of this coures implies, we focus on the application of bioinformatics tools to solve real problems in biological research. We chose several samples as working projects to learn how to find the literature, how to obtain sequence and structure data, and how to do the analysis step by step, and how to make a summary from the analysis results. You are most encouraged to work on your own projects during the course.