- Entrez - Literature search with PubMed and database query with the NCBI Entrez system.
- UniProt - Find protein sequences from the UniProt/Swiss-Prot database and browse the entries.
- Dotplot - DNA and protein sequence comparison using the dot plot approach.
- Align - Pairwise and multiple sequence alignment using both local and global algorithms.
- BLAST -Sequence similarity search against DNA and protein sequence databases.
- DNA - Analysis of DNA sequences with several bioinformatics tools.
- Protein - Analysis of protein sequences with several bioinformatics tools.
- Motif - Identification of conserved sequence motifs and domains.
- Phylogeny -Phylogenetic analysis and construction of phylogenetic tress with simple examples.
- Modeling - Analysis of three-dimensional structure of proteins and prediction of protein structures.
As a hands-on practical course, we will introduce many exercises to be practiced during the course. This page collects a variety of exercises such as literature search, database query, and database search, sequence alignment, motif search, phylogenetic analysis and molecular modeling.