As a hands-on practical course, we will introduce many exercises to be
practiced during the course. This page collects a variety of exercises such
as literature search, database query, and database search, sequence alignment,
motif search, phylogenetic analysis and molecular modeling.
Exercises in class
- Literature search with PubMed and database query with
the NCBI Entrez system.
- Pairwise and multiple sequence alignment using both local and global algorithms.
- Find protein sequences from the UniProt/Swiss-Prot database and browse the entries.
-Sequence similarity search against DNA and protein sequence databases.
- Phylogenetic analysis and construction of phylogenetic tress with simple examples.
- Analysis of three-dimensional structure of proteins.
- Prediction of protein structure.
- Analysis of DNA sequences with several bioinformatics tools.
- Analysis of protein sequences with several bioinformatics tools.
- Identification of conserved sequence motifs and domains.
Exercises for CAAS20MS3-4 students
- Outline of semester summary for CAAS20MS1 students.
- Outline of semester summary for CAAS20MS2 students.
- Outline of semester summary for CAAS20PhD students.
- Outline of semester summary for PKU20 students.