UniProt Database Query
Find protein sequences from the UniProt database and explore the annotations in the entry.
- Find protein sequence of human, mouse and rat hemoglobin alpha chain with protein ID (HBA_HUMAN, HBA_MOUSE, HBA_RAT).
- Find 9 human hemoglobin subunits in Swiss-Prot with Advanced Search.
- Find 12 human globins using the Protein family filed in Advanced Search.
- Find all entries of hemoglobin alpha chain in Swiss-Prot and find the entries that have three-dimenssional structure using ID Mapping.
- Find the pea inner membrane protein PPF-1. Compare the annotations of this entry with HBA_HUAMN.
- Find the Arabidopsis homologs of PPF-1 which belongs to the same family.
- Find all experimentally verified Arabidopsis membrane proteins with potential signal peptide.
Explore the Swiss-Prot annotation
- Retrieve the mRNA and coding sequence of human hemoglobin through cross
link to GenBank.
- Find the literatures related to crystal structure of human hemoglobin.
- Make a summary of the general annotations of human hemoglobin.
- Make a summary of mutation of human hemoglobin based on the sequence
- Find out the alpha helices of human hemoglobin alpha chain.
- Find out the two Histidines which bind to the heme.
- Make sequence alignment of the 9 human hemoglobin subunits.
- Browse the annotations of the Arabidopsis PPF-1 homolog ALB3_ARATH and compare with that of PPF1_PEA.